Wednesday 26 September 2012

Kingston: River and Angels

Alex Kingston has spoken about reprising her role as River Song in The Angels Take Manhattan, and the character’s future beyond the episode.

She told The Daily Beast: “River is basically seeing her parents die, seeing them go. God, Steven could have written a whole episode just about that, about the complexities and psychology of that, but he didn’t.

“It is about Amy saying goodbye to the Doctor… and [River] stays much more in the background. But, oh my gosh, I found it hard. I didn’t think I would, just observing them. It was quite emotional.”

However, Kingston thinks the end of the Ponds doesn’t mean it’s the last we’ll see of River.

“Whether River’s journey will come full-circle, I don’t know. How many more episodes or seasons River has, I don’t know that either, but the way that Steven writes, he lays out threads that can be picked up way down the line. For her just to not reappear would be a little strange,” she explained.

So looks like River will be around for a while! What do you think? Do you like River or do you hate her? Leave your comments below if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment